Leaps of faith

So I can't tell you how much you mean to me. I share with you everything and am not sure how to begin. I express my love in actions, whereas you have words. I have taken more leaps of faith with you than any other person I have ever known. Most think it started with a broom but I know better. I remember our first date. It was a huge risk for us to go out. Neither knew what to expect and all we knew was we were willing to jump blindly. I remember when I didn't understand what we were and made out with another guy. The third date became a giant leap for you. Did you trust me to not break your heart? Sometimes I am pretty sure you trust me more than I do. I was completely unsure of the wedding in general and believe me it took every (b)ounce of faith and hope to get me to the altar.
Now in the coming months our lives will once again be taking a huge leap of faith. I am sure it shows more love to take a risk on someone than to just say it. I almost tested your ability to gamble on me by quitting tonight. I found out my boss has been disparaging about me behind my back to my coworkers. I broke down and just about quit, in fact I still will be writing my termination/resignation letter. However, I know that you aren't ready for that leap yet. The coming months scare me. I don't know what future is in store, nor could postulate what might happen. The negative looms in my mind and my voice goes hoarse and fingers go numb. My body is in knots and my stomach is sick. The only thing I do know is that I love you enough to risk it all. I love you enough to take a leap of faith. I couldn't quit because of my sake but eventually I will for yours. I am venturing once again into the unknown. It seems love is more like Jason and the Argonauts. Here we stand setting sail into the unknown. We will venture again into the abyss with the only assurance that someone is with you taking the same risks. I could not do it alone. The future petrifies me but you make it worth the adventure, and that is my love.
Thank you for standing by me during my Sisyphean struggles with Herculean effort. If anyone doubts love I hope they ponder this; When you are willing to risk everything for someone else, you are engulfed in the tides of the unknown, but have nothing to fear. I can't measure my love in cups or inches. I can tell you it is my everything, including my leap of faith. I will follow you forever because in giving my all you are all I have and that is more than enough. As another famous same-sex pairing said "Entreat me not to leave you, or to return from following after you: for where you go, I will go; and where you lodge, I will lodge: your people shall be my people, and your God my God." In this is my love. Please be willing to once again leap with me into the unforeseeable.

0 comments: